Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A virtual key to business success...

Last year, I heard from Dale Pollock, the Dean of the School of Filmmaking at the North Carolina School of the Arts, asking me if I was interested in taking-on any interns for my business. In my reply, I let him know that, come to think of it, I'd really appreciate hearing about any candidates who could telecommute and were talented communicators and gifted researchers. Although I never heard from any prospects, there have been times, as needs have arisen, when I wished I had someone matching my description to rely upon. And so I must thank Carlos Jones for writing to me last week to introduce me to the Virtual Assistant services he provides through his Atlanta-based firm, Interoffice Solutions.


As I learned through Mr. Jones, there is an International Virtual Assistants Association, which defines its members as independent entrepreneurs providing administrative, creative and/or technical services to assist clients on a contractual basis from their own offices. The IVAA Member Directory can help entrepreneurs identify suitable Virtual Assistants from around the world matching their particular needs -- perhaps like former freelance writer/marketer Erin Banister of TrinityJacobs -- to serve behind-the-scenes, handling important assignments ranging from the tedious to the imperative. Or, we can visit Interoffice Solutions' website to read some virtual assistance success stories, to discuss engaging ala carte services, or to explore some of the customized packages Mr. Jones offers. As luck would have it, it appears that getting good help nowadays may be just a phone call, a mouse click, or an IM away....