Tuesday, November 06, 2007

More wise words, these from Richard Branson and a conference named TED...

I have seen Richard Branson appear time and again over the past several years in various forms of media where I've focused my attention, and although I don't know him personally yet, I will tell you unflinchingly that I love him. While others clearly appear on TV shows, in magazine articles or at conferences to promote movies, books, businesses, etc., Sir Richard always seems to be there because he wants to be. Due to his high-flying accomplishments and his success as the chairman of Virgin Group Ltd., he is invariably asked all sorts of questions about business and his life, and he responds humbly and happily, with honesty, integrity, wit and enthusiasm. His agenda appears rooted simply in being genuine, open, friendly and helpful. Bravo!








Big thanks to PSFK's Oct. 11 Daily Trends Digest for pointing me to this video of Mr. Branson when he was interviewed earlier this year by Chris Anderson, the curator of TED, the annual conference established in 1984 to bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers in the fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design. The interview occurred at this year's TED Conference, and I encourage you to visit TEDTalks to check-out each of the fascinating presentations showcased there. And finally, please also savor this wisdom from my favorite English entrepreneur, from another interview in a recent issue of Bottom Line Personal: "I believe as long as I have learned something from my mistakes, they are useful experiences. Even if things go horribly wrong in life, we don't have to let it get to us. Real success is having people we love in our lives -- family and friends. If we have this, then we have everything."