Thursday, November 20, 2008

We all know, things could easily be much worse...

I imagine that everyone has a person in their life who they can turn to or think of who makes them realize that things could easily be much worse than they are. For me, I have several individuals within my immediate family who make it look easy to deal with challenges that to many others would likely be enough to keep them from getting out of bed. Through my interactions with these everyday heroes, I have a keen sense of how difficult life can really be, and since this is a place where I aim to convey actionable, useful information related to the businesses of entertainment, technology, science and marketing, today I'm here simply to encourage you to do good deeds... in your life and your work. By following this advice, I am confident, you will reap invaluable rewards.


Virtually everywhere a person can go around this big, beautiful world, individuals who are homeless through no choice of their own abound. This is a problem that most of us can reach out and touch in our daily travels. In fact, according to Bill Ayers, executive director of the non-profit organization World Hunger Year (WHY), today, more than 35.5 million Americans and 923 million people worldwide are going hungry. For it's annual Hungerthon, which begins on Saturday, Nov. 22 and will run through Tuesday, Nov. 25, WHY's theme seeks to translate John Lennon's provocative thought, Imagine There's No Hunger, into action. In the true spirit of Thanksgiving, for anyone seeking to make an impact, I encourage you to visit www.hungerthon.org to learn more about the many positive, life-affirming ways you can participate... or otherwise to find a way to make someone else's life even just a little bit brighter. In return for even considering this idea, please accept my sincere thanks; I have no doubt that a world without hunger will benefit each and every one of us.