Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Onward and upward, one step at a time...

I'm sure I wasn't the only person beginning work in 2009's earliest days with some trepidation over what is to come. Like so many others, I began putting one foot in front of the other and getting myself back into action, and by the time Jan. 14 arrived, I was encouraged by MediaPost OnlineSPIN columnist Cory Treffiletti's post entitled "Some More Positivity And Opportunity," where he wrote, "I think it's about time that we start focusing on solutions and the positive trends in the marketplace rather than continuing to restate the obvious issues and challenges." The next day, I received a Ubercool Update from trend analyst Michael Tchong with the subject line of "Reinventing America." After laying out the world's current woeful state, and as a preface to a treasury of brilliant ideas for moving some incredibly smart initiatives forward, Michael wrote, "Trendwatchers are more acutely aware of these issues than most, but they’re also more hopeful. They recognize that these challenges can be overcome through creativity, innovation and deft planning. To accomplish this, the groundwork has to be laid in 2009, it can be postponed no longer." If like Michael, Cory and the rest of us motivated Americans, you are focused on getting after the right solutions intelligently, even in small ways, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining me here, and I invite you to please read on.


A click on the image above will lead you to the innovative website for the non-profit charity: water organization, which is doing its part to bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. You may also be interested in signing up for the new newsletter from Ode Magazine entitled "Now For the Good News," a daily dose of positive news compiled from global sources by the editors of this engaging magazine for intelligent optimists. And to share one more actionable tip in a blatant attempt to earn your esteem and, hopefully, your subscription, check out these great Doane Utility Notebooks via Uncrate.com. They seem perfect for organizing our plans to get things moving in all the right directions.